xfce4-notifyd feature requests

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Nov 26 17:10:59 CET 2008

Hey Brian,

since there is no bugzilla product for xfce4-notifyd yet, I'll post a
few of my feature requests for it here for now.

  1. Calculate workspace bounds (compute the area between panels etc.)
     and position notifications so that there always is some space
     between them and the screen edge and things such as panels.

     E.g. if one uses top right placement and there is a top panel, do
     it like this:

     ===============================|
           Here is the panel        | <- This is the screen edge
     ===============================|

                +---------------+   |
                | Notification  |   |

     I guess 6, 8 or 12 pixels (just to stick to the paddings we
     usually use everywhere) should be enough to make it look good. It
     should be possible to calculate the correct area via libwnck I
     suppose.

  2. Allow for center and maybe bottom center and top center
  positioning.

  3. Fade notifications in just as you fade them out. Wwooooo!

Ok, that's it.

  - Jannis