'show version' command line arguments in Xfce apps

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Fri Nov 21 15:56:52 CET 2008

Hey,

some time ago, Brian decided/suggested to make '-V' the desired variant
for the 'show version' command line arguments [1].

As far as I know nothing much has changed since this post. Maybe
because it was posted on xfce-i18n.
So, take this mail as a friendly reminder :).
I think there is no need to start a discussion again, just change the
code.

An incomplete list of affected apps:
- all exo-* aps except exo-preferred-applications
- thunar
- xfce4-panel
- mousepad (Nick's branch)
- ristretto
- squeeze

xfdesktop, xfmountdev4, xfce4-session, mousepad(trunk) doesn't
provide --version nor --help

xfce4-mixer doesn't provide --version nor -V or -v

xfce4-session-logout provide --version but no shortcurt, neither -v nor
-V.

[1]
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce-i18n/2008-November/007297.html

Regards,