Projects in xfce repos, ehm...

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:24:24 CET 2008

Le Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:47:57 -0800,
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> a écrit :

> Mike Massonnet wrote:
>
> > FWIW, Mac OS X has its Terminal, Windows has its Terminal, GNOME and
> > KDE, and prolly Étoilé.
> >
> > I would say yes for everything but not the Terminal.  Xfce must have
> > its default Terminal.
>
> MacOSX and Winows are OSes, not desktop environments.  GNOME and KDE
> include everything, including the kitchen sink.  Xfce has made a
> conscious decision not to emulate that.
>
> While I'm not entirely convinced Terminal should be removed from the
> core, these arguments don't really apply...

It is hard to argue positive, it's not important if it resides in core
or goodies (no core components depends on it, unlike thunar).  I only
see that application more important than "goodies".

Now even though it gets thrown to the goodies, I would simply download
it and compile it as usual.

My 2 cents,
Mike