xfce-utils 4.5.92 xsession prefix

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 17 03:05:34 CET 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:04:22 +0100 Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Shouldn't XSESSION_PREFIX default to ${prefix} rather than "/usr" ?
>
> i.e. so I don't have to set both --prefix and --with-xsession-prefix

This is yet again another "don't install files to a broken location by
default" decision.  /usr/share/xsessions/ is the location most display
managers will look on most distros.  If you install Xfce to,
say, /opt/xfce4-svn/, and run (e.g.) GDM, you won't see Xfce in the
list if we installed those to $prefix by default.

	-brian