FOSDEM ideas

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sat Nov 15 15:01:27 CET 2008

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 13:40:13 +0100
Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> 4.6 beta2 is out the door - let's do some thinking about taking
> part in FOSDEM 2009. Personally, I'd be happy to attend and it should
> be no problem for me at all.
>
> If enough people show their interest, do we want to apply for a
> developer room and do some talks about Xfce 4.6 (retrospectively) and
> 4.8 (involving brainstorming together)? We still have a few days to
> apply for one and I think it would be cool to do that.
>
> This raises the question what kind of talks we could do. Here's what I
> think might be worth a talk:
>
> General
> =======
> - Introducing Xfce (what is it? how has it evolved over the years?
>   who's Xfce? how is it shipped? etc.)
>
> Covering 4.6
> ============
> (The ideas below are somewhat inspired by
> http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.6/videos)
>
> - Introducing 4.6 (overview over new features and changes since 4.4)
>
> For developers
> --------------
> - Xfconf
> - Xfce as a platform (overview over the libraries and usage examples
>   e.g. for libxfce4menu)
> - Extending Xfce (covering Thunar and panel plugins)
> - Xfce for third parties

Oh, another important one:

- The Xfce development infrastructure or the answer to the question "How
  to contribute/join Xfce?"

And maybe this one (more an internal discussion):

- Xfce (or Foo Projects) as a non-profit organization (what
  ways are there to achieve this goal, how can we make it happen?)