xfce4-mixer has no session handler

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Fri Nov 14 02:50:53 CET 2008

Am Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:57:41 -0800
schrieb "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:

> jp.guillemin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The xfce4-mixer window has no session support. I mean : if you
> > launch it several times (ie : by double clicking on the mixer panel
> > applet) you get 2 or more instances of the mixer simultaneously.
> >
> > Obviously an application that has no reason to be loaded more than
> > once should have session support to detect that an instance is
> > already running and ignore repetitive launches.
>
> This has nothing to do with session support, and... why does it
> matter? Maybe sometimes you do want another instance of it, or maybe
> you just don't care either way.

I'll pass out on session support for the 4.6 mixer. Session support in
the mixer is only crucial if you're doing serious audio work and always
want the mixer to be started.

And actually there might be a reason to start two instances of the
mixer: to display controls for two different sound cards.

  - Jannis