xfce4-menueditor

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Nov 2 19:39:00 CET 2008

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:41:52 +0100 Ali Abdallah wrote:

> > Nobody has started to work on that and we're way behind feature
> > freeze already, so this is not going to happen for 4.6. The editor
> > could be developed as a goodie though, so it's release cycle would
> > be independent of the core Xfce.
> >
> >   - Jannis
> >

> I know that this is not going to happen for 4.6, there is no time
> anyway.  as a goodie i can start doing something concerning it, if
> agreed.

AFAIK, no one else is working on this, so go for it if you have time.
You'll want to head over to freedesktop.org and read the menu
specification.  You'll also want to look at the desktop entry spec and
basedir spec (and possibly others?), as the menu spec references those.

You should also look at the STATUS file in libxfce4menu's source tree.
Ideally you should avoid using menu spec features that libxfce4menu
doesn't implement yet.  (It may or may not be possible to do this while
also creating an actually-useful menu editor, though.)

	-brian