show/hide button

joy zhao yanhwizhao at gmail.com
Tue May 13 08:13:45 CEST 2008

hi, I don't think this function can be made as a plugin, since it needs to
have the panel move entirely.  Panel plugins, internal or external,  are
children of panel Item container directly (the internal condition ) or
first wrapped in gtkplug which then inserted into gtksocket -- the parent
class or external item, and finally the socket item being packed into
panel's item container. In one word, neither of the two kinds of plugins can
access Panel's address and have panel the desired behavior.  Sure, we can
also have the plugins communicate with panel trunk through client messages,
however,  we cannot achieve the  goal without modify the panel proper -- add
a new client message interface.

That's why I have to have this panel patch.
Do you have any other good ideas ?