[yanhwizhao at gmail.com: [Xfce4-commits] commit patch to xfce4-panel]

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Sat May 10 14:25:44 CEST 2008

Am Sat, 10 May 2008 13:32:44 +0200
schrieb Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:

> Forwarded to the xfce dev ml as it will reach more exposure.
> http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce4-commits/2008-May/027207.html
>
> ----- Forwarded message from joy zhao <yanhwizhao at gmail.com> -----
>
> From: joy zhao <yanhwizhao at gmail.com>
> To: xfce4-commits at xfce.org
> Subject: [Xfce4-commits] commit patch to xfce4-panel
>
> hi,
>   I'd commit a patch for xfce4-panel, however,  I don't know  whom
> exactly I should send this mail to .  So I just send it to this
> address. If it's no t a proper way, can anyone kindly enough let me
> know ? Thanks!
>
>  This patch is to add a show/hide button on panel, which, when
> clicked, will toggle panel's show/hide status, and for example, have
> panel hide to left corner or bottom corner.
>   users can choose whether to have this button on panel in panel
> property dialog.
> [...]
> YanZhao

Hi YanZhao,

from the description this sounds like something I have seen in a KDE
environment. I have not really used it but I can imagine that button
as an interesting idea.

I tend to think this would be better suited in the form of a
plugin instead of a modification to the panel itself. Admittedly I
cannot say whether the plugin interface is sufficient for that.

Yours,
    Christian