Deprecated keys and values in desktop files

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 31 23:40:31 CEST 2008

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:01:56 -0700, "Brian J. Tarricone"
> <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

>>> The thing is, there's a lot of chance this will be forgotten if no
>>> bugs are opened.
>> ... and patches attached ^_~.
>
> Oh come on. I generally support the idea of using a bug tracker for
> problems, feature requests and patches.
> But in this case, I was really hoping it's enough to bring it up here,
> assumung that a few devs actually reading the list (more than once in
> a month) and fix a single line in a single file instantly.

I read your email this morning.  I didn't have time to fix the single
file instantly.  I'm reading and replying to this email now.  I still
don't have time.  Likely I'll have forgotten it by the time I do have
time.  I just don't keep track of email very well.  I'm sorry, but
that's just how it is.

> Do you really need a patch for one line, which is so obvious?

No, probably not... that was more tongue-in-cheek.

> Furthermore, I noticed it doesn't make much difference between using
> the mailing list or the bugzilla, bugs and patches are sometimes
> ignored on both ;-(.

Limited resources, limited time.  More *regular* *active* contributors
with commit access would help.  But we don't have 'em.

	-brian