Deprecated keys and values in desktop files

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sun Mar 30 16:29:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just noticed that some .desktop files of Xfce apps use some
deprecated keys and values(mostly the key "Encoding").

I checked it with
find . -name \*.desktop -exec desktop-file-validate {} \;
in my $prefix/share/applications directory.
Attached is a list with the output only of these apps which I have
installed, there might be even more.
xfbib has even an error in its .desktop file.

Of course, there are generally worse things to do but these things can
also be fixed in a minute.

Regards,
Enrico

P.S.: Please don't tell me to open bug reports for each single package
with a warning. I know it would be the better way but there are too
many packages. I hope this will also help a bit to catch developers'
eyes on this ;-).