Status of xfburn

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Sat Mar 29 16:04:37 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> wrote:

>  Le samedi 29 mars 2008 à 14:26 +0000, Simon Huggins a écrit :
>
> > What's the status of xfburn?
>  >
>  It's still slowly under development, but mostly by David Mohr and Mario
>  Danic.
>

>  > I see it's had some cleanups in SVN for newer libisofs but it'd be nice
>  > if there was a release of recent SVN that was blessed by pollux/Xfce
>  > devs.
>
>  When DVD support is considered releasable there will be a release but I
>  cannot provide any date estimation now.

Date estimations are difficult :-) Sometimes I consider them a curse,
because when I say I'll get things done soon out loud, other stuff
just seems to creep up and keep me busy...
So right now I've updated the libisofs code, and I've updated the
image burning dialog. What is left to fix before a release is to get
burning a DVD compilation, and a welcome screen. So what would be
helpful if someone could test either burning data CDs, or CD/DVD
images.

>  > I'd love to put a version of it that uses the new libburnia into Debian
>  > but I'd rather not use an SVN snapshot if I can avoid it.
>
>  --
>  Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>

~David