Zombie processes left by Xfce4 programs (Thunar, xfdesktop, ...)

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 16:12:41 CET 2008

Stephan Arts wrote:

> Have you tried Colin's hint?

Do you mean the patch he mentioned in an earlier reply
to my first report on the zombie issue?
But that is a patch to Thunar....not to xfdesktop !?!
(BTW: I also have those zombies, because that patch
hasn't made it yet into the yum repo packages).

I see also zombies appear that are left behind by
xfdesktop, apparently by opening files via the
desktop directly, instead of using Thunar.

Moreover, I can't check or test myself any patches
now, because I'm not compiling XFCE myself;
instead I use precompiled packages from the yum repo.
>From there I have now:

  Xfce version 4.4.2
  xfdesktop-4.4.2-1.fc7
  file-roller-2.18.4-1.fc7