Zombie processes left by Xfce4 programs (Thunar, xfdesktop, ...)

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 03:31:02 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm using Fedora 7 Linux system with:
   Xfce 4 Desktop Environment
   version 4.4.2 (Xfce 4.4)

Also installed:
    Thunar-0.9.0-2.fc7
    xfdesktop-4.4.2-1.fc7

When I start applications by opening files in Thunar or from the Desktop,
this creates zombie processes. After a while, I'm stuck with loads of
zombie processes.

To get rid of these zombies, I have to kill Thunar and the xfdesktop
programs. This is not nice, as, for example, my desktop icons disappear
(of course I can restart manually the desktop again..still not nice!).

I suppose this is a problem in Xfce4.
Are you aware of these problems?
Is it solvable?

Regards,