libxfcegui4 install error without gladeui

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 25 19:21:54 CEST 2008

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install libxfcegui4 (make install) and got the
> following error:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/enrico/src/xfce/libxfcegui4/trunk/glade' make[3]: Nothing to be
> done for `install-exec-am'.
> test -z "" || /bin/mkdir -p ""
> test -z "" || /bin/mkdir -p ""
> test -z "/usr/lib/libglade/2.0" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/lib/libglade/2.0"
> /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/lib/libglade': Permission
> denied make[3]: *** [install-libglademoduleLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
>
> There seems to be something wrong with the glade code. I have
> installed libglade but prefer to not install gladeui as this requires
> some Gnome dependencies (gnome-keyring, bonobo, gconf, all such stuff).

No, there's nothing wrong with it.  That has nothing to do with gladeui.
  Read it again -- /usr/lib/libglade is failing to be created.  It's
required now, and this unfortunately breaks non-root installs.  If you
know of a way to install libglade modules to a non-root location without
breaking the install for regular users (missing widgets in the settings
dialog would suck), please submit a patch.

	-brian