add default keybinding for screenshooter in keyboard plugin

Rodrigo Coacci rcoacci at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 00:29:53 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>
wrote:

> Jérôme Guelfucci wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM, samuel <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> small
> xfce-utils,
>  >>>
> >> just kill the PrtScreen button, no one uses it anyway... seriously, i
> >> don't think enabling the print screen button will help the faq getting
> >> any shorter (except that we will be able to simplify the faq entry for
> >> screenshots)... Over the years I've told a lot of users they can use
> >> the PrtScreen button on that other operating system... they didn't
> >> know ;) no one even remembers that old thing there on the left upper
> >> corner of the keyboard... it's out of reach i guess ;) (maybe our
> >> fingers got shorter due to darwin)
> >>
> >> anyway... i guess that makes me agree with brian. If anything, the
> >> screenshooter plugin should provide the printscreen button
> >> capturing...
> >> And making the screenshooter plugin installed and enabled by default
> >> is a distro's job... not one for xfce
> >
> > Ok, you convinced me ! So, let's forget the last paragraph of my first
> > mail and just focus on the keybinding thing.
> >
> > Can I submit a patch to add the screenshooter to the list of
> > keybindings ? Or there is a better way of doing this ?
>
> Let's see where Stephan's new keybindings proposal goes.  Statically
> adding keybindings for apps that may or may not be installed sounds like
> it might not be the best idea.  Using xfconf for these sorts of things
> in a generic way that any app can set seems like a better plan.
>
>        -brian

BTW, I just found out it doesn't work(setting the keybinding), at least on
my system. Apparently calling the executable from command-line has no
effect, which is expected if you think that is a panel plugin.... Or am I
missing something?

Rodrigo

A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open
windows.
~Linus Torvalds