add default keybinding for screenshooter in keyboard plugin

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 20:49:06 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Jérôme Guelfucci
<jerome.guelfucci at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>> Jérôme Guelfucci wrote:
>>
>>> I also propose to add the executable code to xfce-utils, so that one
>>> can take screenshots with a default installation of xfce, without
>>> installing another plugin.
>>
>> No, definitely not.  The goal here should be to make xfce-utils as small
>> as possible, not bloat it with stuff people may not need.  I'd be in
>> favor of patches that push us toward completely eliminating xfce-utils,
>> not things that make it larger.
>>
>>        -brian
>
> Sorry, I did not know about this plan. I only proposed this because I
> saw that "little applications" giving interesting features like xfrun
> and xfce-about are part of this package. However, I still think that
> the PrtScreen keybinding should work by default, even if xfce-utils is
> not the solution

just kill the PrtScreen button, no one uses it anyway... seriously, i
don't think enabling the print screen button will help the faq getting
any shorter (except that we will be able to simplify the faq entry for
screenshots)... Over the years I've told a lot of users they can use
the PrtScreen button on that other operating system... they didn't
know ;) no one even remembers that old thing there on the left upper
corner of the keyboard... it's out of reach i guess ;) (maybe our
fingers got shorter due to darwin)

anyway... i guess that makes me agree with brian. If anything, the
screenshooter plugin should provide the printscreen button
capturing...
And making the screenshooter plugin installed and enabled by default
is a distro's job... not one for xfce