Panel Plugin Configuration Signal

Michael Pfeuti m_pfeuti at students.unibe.ch
Sat Jul 5 13:54:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

I try to connect my dummy panel plugin to the "configuration" signal which is emitted when Properties is clicked in the menu. However, the linked method is not only called when the menu entry is clicked, but always when the plugin starts/is added to the panel.

this is rather annoying and i have no idea what i did wrong. I couldn't find anything about this on the mailing list or the documentation page.

I even went through the code of the xfce panel and still couldn't figure out why the configuration signal is emitted at the plugin start

does anyone have any idea why this happend?

this is the whole code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

#include <libxfce4panel/xfce-panel-window.h>
#include <libxfce4panel/xfce-panel-plugin.h>
#include <libxfce4panel/xfce-panel-convenience.h>

#include <libxfcegui4/libxfcegui4.h>

static void config_cb (XfcePanelPlugin *plugin, gpointer user_data)
{
    xfce_panel_plugin_block_menu (plugin);
    xfce_info("config");
    xfce_panel_plugin_unblock_menu (plugin);
}

static void plugin_create(XfcePanelPlugin *plugin)
{
    GtkWidget *button = xfce_create_panel_button();

    gtk_widget_show(button);
    gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(plugin), button);
    xfce_panel_plugin_add_action_widget(plugin, button);

    xfce_panel_plugin_menu_show_configure (plugin);

    g_signal_connect (plugin, "configure-plugin",
			G_CALLBACK (config_cb), button);
}

XFCE_PANEL_PLUGIN_REGISTER_EXTERNAL(plugin_create);

regards michael