Unit tests for the libraries code.

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 21 23:45:14 CET 2008

MaLiK wrote:

> I've written some unit test for the libxfce4util library,
> and prepared patch to integrate with the svn version of code.
> Test were written using CUnit framework. http://cunit.sourceforge.net/
> Maybe it is a good idea to creating such tests.
> What do you think about it?
>
> To the example source code from CUnit, i've added my tests functions.
> Now it can be generated XML output with results of tests (using
> AutomatedTests) and console output using BasicTest.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

Sounds pretty cool!  I'll try to look at it later this week.

A suggestion for future patches: please just provide one unified diff
file for the entire thing, not per file, and please don't provide extra
files as-is that need to be added.  You can just use 'svn diff' for
files you've modified, and 'diff -u /dev/null newfile' can be used to
generate patches for new files (which you can then just append to the
'svn diff' generated patch.  Basically I just want to be able to run
'patch -p0 < foo.diff' in the top source directory and not have to do
anything else.

	-brian