New mixer

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Wed Jan 9 09:14:54 CET 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 8:32 AM, Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 06:26 +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > Hey,
>
> Hey Jannis
>
> > I'd really like to move it to /trunk. Are there any objections or
> > opinions on this, except those I already read? I'm especiall hoping for
> > some of the devs to raise their voices.
>
> You mixer looks really great but I'm not in favor of putting it in the
> Xfce 'core' repository (or at least not to release it with the usual
> core components of Xfce) because of the new dependency it pulls.

I agree,

It's just a thought, we could create two tarballs with 4.6, 4.6-core
(with really-core components) and 4.6-extra (with additional packages
which have a simmilar release schedule). If jannis agrees, his mixer
could be part of this 'extra' package.

Other tools, like perhaps nicks mousepad, xfburn and squeeze (when
ready) could be part of this extra package too.

What do you guys think?

-
Stephan