New mixer

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Jan 6 17:33:20 CET 2008

2008/1/6, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:

> > Nice. A bit big by default. I'd say 400x400 is fine, but I guess you
> > have some fancy soundcard with a gazillion sliders, isn't it?
>
> Hehe, not really. Just a Thinkpad built-in card. Anyway, I've changed
> the size to 600x400 by default. And I'm going to add support for
> remembering the last window size of course.

Sounds good to me. Btw, I also love the subtitle ;-)

> > Also, there are problems with some missing sliders:
> >
> > (xfce4-mixer:18107): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_vscale_new_with_range:
> > assertion `step != 0.0' failed
>
> We've found several issues on #xfce-dev. This was one of them. I've
> fixed it and uploaded a new tarball (same location).

Indeed it is working now.

> > Are you planning on creating a panel plugin as well?
>
> Yeah, sure. The mixer is at a very early stage - last night was the
> first time I could actually change volume, mute state etc.
>
> Do we want to put it into /trunk? I would like to, but I thought I'd
> ask first.

I would personally say yes, but I can imagine some people will feel
uneasy about the gstreamer dependency. And, since I don't know
anything about sound(card) software, I can't really comment on the
implementation.

--
        Jasper