New mixer

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Jan 6 15:18:39 CET 2008

Hey,

during the last few nights I've been working on a replacement for
something I was never happy with - our mixer. As discussed, it's based
on GStreamer 0.10 (the packages gstreamer-0.10 and
gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 are required).

It's not completely done yet, but volume controls, muting, recording and
locking/unlocking channels should already work. Here are some
screenshots I made yesterday:

http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/screenshots/xfce/xfce4-mixer-20080106-1.png
http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/screenshots/xfce/xfce4-mixer-20080106-2.png
http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/screenshots/xfce/xfce4-mixer-20080106-3.png
http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/screenshots/xfce/xfce4-mixer-20080106-4.png

As you may notice, the refresh icon still has to be replaced with
something like a chain symbol. The viewport background color is kinda
annoying, I couldn't figure out why it differs from the normal
background color in almost all themes.

Anyway, this is how it could (roughly) look like. What do you think?
You can test it by downloading and building the following tarball:

http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/xfce4-mixer-4.5.0.tar.bz2

Hope you like it,
Jannis