new appfinder

Stefan Stuhr xfce4devlist at sstuhr.dk
Sat Jan 5 16:06:43 CET 2008

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Ok, I have just put everything in xfce4-appfinder/trunk. The old
> version is still available in
> xfce4-appfinder/branches/oldtrunk_20080105, if anyone is still
> interested.
>
> A note to translators: I copied all po files from the old version, but
> almost every translation is no longer applicable. However, this
> version is meant for Xfce 4.6 and I expect it to change quite a bit
> still, so there's no need to be in any hurry to update the
> translations.
>
> So, for anyone willing to try, enjoy!

I have just installed it, and libxfce4menu from trunk as well, but the
only category in xfce4-appfinder is the "All" category, and it's empty.
I don't have xfdesktop installed, so I suppose it uses the .menu file
provided by xfdesktop by default.

It works perfectly fine if I run it like this:
xfce4-appfinder /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu

Another thing is when I want to select a category with the keyboard:
Every time I select a category, the focus switches to the filter entry.
Then, I have to press tab/key down before switching to the next category
in the list.

It would be nice with a command line option that make xfce4-appfinder
close when an application is executed. Like, I want to start an
application, so I click on the xfce4-appfinder panel launcher and
launches the application. Then I want to forget all about
xfce4-appfinder until the next time I want to launch an application.

Thanks,
Stefan