google summer of code

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Feb 26 16:19:43 CET 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:24:21 +0100, "Jens Luedicke"
<jens.luedicke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
>
> >  Maybe they can stick with the 4.4 branch of Xfwm4? Ubuntu also has a
> >  fallback to Metacity if Compiz can't run on a system, so maybe if Xfwm4 4.4
> >  can coexist with Xfwm4 4.6, it can use the 'leagacy' window manager as
> >  fallback.
>
> OpenGL in Xfwm4 should not be the default or a compile-time option.

I agree. There are people who just can't use OpenGL stuff because of
missing hardware support and there are people (like me) who have the
hardware to use it, but who don't want to use it.
I like OpenGL/3D in general for games but my desktop doesn't need it.
So my vote is, yes add it as a SoC project but require it to be
optional.

Regards,
Enrico