Dependencies on external dead projects

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 15 19:50:08 CET 2008

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:08:48 +0500, "Alexander E. Patrakov"
> <patrakov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Xfce4-tips just needs to be fixed: ie. display our tips without the
>>> dependency on fortune. That not very hard to do, but as always,
>>> shouting at other people is one thing, helping them the other one...
>> I see. Unfortunately, during the next week I have to go to a semiconductor
>> conference, so this has to wait a bit.
>
> Find the attached patch against xfce4-session(SVN r26613) as a
> workaround.

Can you open a bug on bugzilla and post the patch there?  Otherwise I
fear it will get lost...

> Maybe it's better to move xfce4-tips into the xfce-utils module instead
> of xfce4-session? What do you think?

Not sure.  Since xfce4-session has xfce4-tips in its default session,
the idea is that xfce4-session sorta 'depends' on xfce4-tips.  I guess
it wouldn't hurt to have xfce4-session depend on xfce-utils, which it
(informally) already does.  Doesn't really matter to me, honestly.

	-brian