Dependencies on external dead projects

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:58:17 CET 2008

2008/2/14, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at gmail.com>:
>  IMHO, the optimal solution would be to drop xfce4-tips and xfprint (and disable printing in Mousepad - removing a non-working menu option is never a regression).

My mousepad branch (nick_0_3) uses the gtk print backend and will
replace the mousepad shipped in 4.4. So that problem is fixed for 4.6.
If we want to ship xfprint in 4.6 is not my business, but i don't
think it necessarily needed.

Xfce4-tips just needs to be fixed: ie. display our tips without the
dependency on fortune. That not very hard to do, but as always,
shouting at other people is one thing, helping them the other one...

Nick