A few development questions

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Feb 5 17:48:54 CET 2008

Hey,

Am Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:33:33 -0500
schrieb "Kelly Miller" <lightsolphoenix at gmail.com>:

> I know these are probably going to sound utterly stupid, but I'm new,
> so...
>
> 1)  The site states that Xfce is supposed to be written in C++.  I'm
> interested in why large chunks are still in C.  Is it being rewritten
> or something along those lines?

Xfce is written in C (using GLib and GTK+) only. There are C++ bindings
for the Xfce libraries available, though (Xfc).

> 2)  Is there any work going into porting the Xfce Menu to work with
> the freedesktop.org menu standard?

I'm working on this. In SVN there is libxfce4menu which is used by
xfdesktop and xfce4-appfinder already. The implementation is
still incomplete but the most important things already work.

  - Jannis