RFC: Goodie addition: GVFS mount manager

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sat Dec 13 16:22:58 CET 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:39:01 +0100, Mike Massonnet
<mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:

>Le Fri, 12 Dec 2008 20:39:08 +0100,
>Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> a écrit :
>
>> On 12 December 2008 at 20h12, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Not completely sure what you mean. But you can create bookmarks and
>> > then mount these bookmarks.

Just for the records:
you can also simply click on the Connect button, then it will show you
a dialog where you can enter host, port and user with a final Connect
button.

>> > This would be equal to:
>> > gvfs-mount sftp://user@host
>>
>> Basically I meant "no CLI", so great :)
>
>To make it clear, you need the fuse tools and the gvfs-fuse-daemon
>installed (I'm not sure if I'm repeating myself).  Otherwise the
>mounted file system "won't" be seen except with gvfs-written-software.
>The gvfs-fuse-daemon mounts the file systems inside $HOME/.gvfs.

But this fact is independent from Sion itself.
You need Fuse or GVFs-enabled software to make use of GVFS itself at
all.

Regards,
Enrico