[Xfce4-commits] r28983 - in xfwm4/trunk: . settings-dialogs

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:43:45 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:
> On sam, 2008-12-06 at 11:32 +0000, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
[...]
>> Log:
>>         * settings-dialogs/monitor-icon.svg,
>> settings-dialogs/monitor-icon.png,
>>           settings-dialogs/monitor-icon.h: Replace monitor icon with
>> an icon
>>           based on the Tango icon theme (Bug #4666),
>>           COPYING: Add the CCPL as some icons are derived work from
>> the
>>           Tango icons.
>
> For the record, CC-BY-SA 2.5 is not considered DFSG-free (so in debian
> we'll have to drop this one anyway). Not sure if you will reconsider
> this, but you may be interested in that.
>
> CC-SA 3.0 is DFSG-free so if one day Tango icons have a license upgrade
> that will be ok, but in the meanwhile…

Thing is, there've been a tango based icon even before this one (the
default icon) so the CCPL was missing nevertheless.

I personally see nothing wrong with the CCPL but I am not a lawyer and
I don't have really strong opinions on licences as long as it's free
licences.

I'll happily replace the CCPL portions if someone submits an equally
well suited icons.

Cheers,
Olivier.