twinview problem

jouke hijlkema jouke.hylkema at onera.fr
Tue Apr 29 15:17:11 CEST 2008

Hello all,

This is probably not an XFCE issue but it's driving me insane and I was
hoping you could shed some light.
I have an NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 with 2 monitors attached, one on the dvi
and one on the analogue  port.
If I launch xfce using the xfcestart4 script, all goes well (this is
what I've been using for the last couple of months). However, I upgraded
to xubuntu 8.04 and for lots of reasons, mainly access rights on my USB
key, I have to use gdm. The strange thing is that now TwinView no longer
works (new windows open in between screens).
If I launch the nvidia-settings tool, it gives a warning telling me that
I'm not running an NVIDIA driver unless I specifically give the display ID.

I hope this makes some sense, if so please help

Jouke