[proposal] New rodent Icons

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Fri Apr 18 01:26:27 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  When I was moving some stuff around inside svn for the rodent icon
>  theme (xfce4-icon-theme package) to make it more icon-naming-spec
>  compliant, I noticed the antique reference to OO.o inside the
>  'office'-related icons. This makes them (imho) not suitable for usage
>  as a 'generic' office-related icon.
>
>  I modified them slightly, using aspects from several different icons,
>  and I would like to know what you think;
>
>  Are these icons fit for the following mimetypes?

Personally I like the document and the spreadsheet one, but the
presentation icon is not very intuitive. It makes sense when I know
what it is, but if I was to spot this somewhere in thunar or on the
desktop with an obscure filename, I'm not sure I'd make the
connection.

So for what viewing size are these optimized? I'm really not sure if
this would work or not, but maybe some schematic of a projection would
make a more easily recognizable icon for a presentation?

~David