4.6 documentation efforts

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:44:16 CEST 2008

Hi Jean-François,

On 4/6/08, Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> wrote:

> Le dimanche 06 avril 2008 à 12:54 -0500, Jim Campbell a écrit :
> > Hi All,
> >
> The current layout is motivated by the modular nature of Xfce and
> therefore the package of one component has to contain its own
> documentation. The simplest way to do that is to have a documentation
> directory in each module of Xfce.
>
> If you have a better idea that keeps the modular aspect of things in
> mind. I'm sure we are all ready to read and discuss it.

Would Stephan's suggestion to create a modules/trunk-docs folder address
this concern for you?  I could imagine a trunk-docs folder containing a
folder with documentation for each component, and then those documentation
files being copied to the appropriate component's doc folder prior to
release.

I'm not sure how elegant you'll see this as a solution, but having a central
repository would make things easier for documentors to access and work on,
and keeping the documentation folders within each component's SVN folder
would maintain the modularity of the components.

Let me know if you think that this would be a workable approach, or if you
have any problems with this.  Thanks,

Jim