Broken xfce4-about / Maybe bug in libxfce4util

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Apr 8 14:34:12 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I was just about writing a German localized version of the Info text in
xfce4-about. While testing I noticed it isn't used at all.

After reading the code to get an idea what's going wrong, I noticed
something strange in xfce_localize_path_internal()
(libxfce4util/trunk/libxfce4util/xfce-i18n.c:95).
There is a check:

if (G_LIKELY (lang != NULL && strchr (lang, '/') != NULL))

I don't understand why lang should contain a '/'. This is why it
doesn't work for me. My locale is "de_DE.UTF-8".

If I run xfce4-about with
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8/ xfce4-about
it works because the check for the '/' is TRUE and the localized
version is used. But when are '/' are used in locales? I've never seen
this before.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Regards,
Enrico