4.6 documentation efforts

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Sun Apr 6 21:16:44 CEST 2008

Le dimanche 06 avril 2008 à 12:54 -0500, Jim Campbell a écrit :
> Hi All,

Hi

> As a person who'd like to contribute to documentation, I find the many
> documentation repositories a big barrier to entry.
>
> Again, I understand that developers have been resistant to changing
> their approach to documentation.  I have a day job, and I don't want
> to have to worry about too much stuff, either.  I am willing to
> contribute to something like this, though.  Please let me know your
> thoughts.  Thanks,

The current layout is motivated by the modular nature of Xfce and
therefore the package of one component has to contain its own
documentation. The simplest way to do that is to have a documentation
directory in each module of Xfce.

If you have a better idea that keeps the modular aspect of things in
mind. I'm sure we are all ready to read and discuss it.

--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>