idea: new menu editor for xfce

Christian M bodiak at gmx.de
Thu Apr 3 14:35:55 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
>  It is great that you want to write a new menu-editor. I would like to
>  point out to you that xfce 4.6 will come with a completely new menu
>  implementation. This makes the current menu-editor unusable and thus
>  obsolete.
>
>  Please take a look at libxfce4menu, it is the current backend library
>  which 'reads' the menu-files.

I've already taken a look under the hood of xfce and it seemed pretty obvious
that skipping to one coherent system was planned. It actually confused me
quite a bit at first ;-)

I just had an idea: As this application would be written with the gtk toolkit
and uses the standard for menus it should also (with little tweaks) work as
a gnome app, right?