libxfce4panel could position panel plugin menus

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Sep 21 21:40:00 CEST 2007

Hey Diego,

2007/9/21, Diego Ongaro <ongardie at gmail.com>:
> On 9/21/07, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:00:58 -0500, "Diego Ongaro" <ongardie at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Currently, each panel plugin with a popup menu needs to
> > > call xfce_panel_plugin_register_menu(), then gtk_menu_popup(), and
> > > most importantly, implement its own menu positioning function.
> > >

> > _Weird/buggy behavior on popups & an auto hidden panel_
> > (snip)
> >

> Yes, I can develop a patch for this. I also have some other ideas to
> help with the auto-hide behavior that I can propose. (It'd be nice to
> have commit access and make a branch for this.)

The menu popup function sounds like a very useful addition to the
panel library., indeed. Thanks for working on this!

I'm very happy to see people stepping up to work on core Xfce
functionality. Especially when I am personally not contributing much
at all and Nick basically has to do all the panel maintenance on his
own.

--
        Jasper