xfconf update - array and struct types

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 15 21:51:46 CEST 2007

Bo Lorentsen wrote:

> This looks nice and simple, and when putting a C++ wrapper on this, it
> really will become nice  :-)

Yeah, I had bindings in mind when doing the _get_array(),
_get_array_valist() and _get_arrayv() (etc.) functions.  Shouldn't be
too hard to wrap, I don't think.  Which brings up something I hadn't
thought about -- if you *do* see something that's not easily wrappable
for XFC, please do let me know.

I'm not sure how XFC deals with GValues and GValueArrays, so feedback
there would be useful.  Of course, there's nothing wrong with
reimplementing some stuff in XFC by using the D-Bus API directly if we
can't find a good C API for everything that's also bindings-friendly.

> The "xfconf_channel_get_all" function, seems nice for making a config
> browser, but how do we get a list of all channels then ?

http://svn.xfce.org/svn/kelnos/xfconf/trunk/TODO

It'll unfortunately require another D-Bus method.

	-b