xfce-mcs-manager -> suggest signal poll interval == 1s

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri May 25 06:06:14 CEST 2007

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Are there any plans for powertop to support other arches?  I'm more or
> less retiring my x86 desktop in favor of my ppc laptop, so I can't use
> it :-(.

once CONFIG_NO_HZ becomes available on those platforms, powertop will
automatically work. The Tickless kernel also provides extra timerstats, which is
what powertop reads.

x86_64 is next for tickless to be merged (patches available), I suppose PPC will
be soon after given the amount of zealot hobbyists who sleep with their
powerbooks :)

Auke