XFCE 4.4 RPM for CentOS 5

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue May 15 19:04:01 CEST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 21:58:28 -0700 Kevin Erickson wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am new to Linux and RPM creation, does anyone know of an effort to
>package up XFCE 4.4 in an RPM for CentOS 5?  If not does anyone know
>of a spec file that I could get a hold of for one of the other
>distributions of XFCE 4.4RPM in hopes that I could use it as a guide
>to create the RPM myself?  I
>need to have the ability to do an unattended install of XFCE 4.4 and it
>would be helpful.  I am more than willing to put some effort in to
>this, but just need some place to start.
>
>Sorry if this is the wrong place to post a question like this.  Any
>help that you can give would be greatly appreciated

I believe a guy named Kevin Fenzi packages Xfce for Fedora.  If you got
in touch with him (I believe he lurks on this list, or perhaps
xfce at xfce.org[1]), I'm sure he'd be happy to share his spec files with
you.

Otherwise, we do provide spec files for most of our packages in the
release tarball, but you'll probably have to edit them a bit to get
them to work properly.  Please send patches if/when you do!

	-brian

[1] which, btw, is a more correct forum for your question -- this list
is for Xfce development discussion