ConsoleKit

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Fri May 11 18:59:46 CEST 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007 09:44:01 -0700
bjt23 at cornell.edu ("Brian J. Tarricone") wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:25:04 -0400 Gerhard Mourani wrote:
>
> >Thanks, I understand now. So how to control users permission under
> >XFCE, I starts the XFCE session with the startxfce4 script command
> >line. I know that I can chmod /dev/cdrom, etc but prefer to keep the
> >default predefined UID/GID. I presume that dbus should take care of
> >this but look like since it's linked with ConsoleKit it no longer
> >automatically change the permission for the user session.
>
> I suggest you ask on a ConsoleKit list: this has nothing to do with
> Xfce.

FWIW, I am running Fedora devel/rawhide on my laptop with Xfce, and
fast user switching works just fine here. I can switch back and forth
no problem.

You might want to look at the Fedora hal/ConsoleKit/etc if you are
having trouble getting it working.

I agree it has not much to do with Xfce...

> 	-brian

kevin