ConsoleKit

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri May 11 01:42:21 CEST 2007

On 5/10/07, Gerhard Mourani <gmourani at openna.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if ConsoleKit work with XFCE and if yes, then what
> I need to do, change, configure, etc... to make it work, thanks.

I had to Google for ConsoleKit. Seems like your just referring to the
underlying architecture that GDM can use to enable more smooth Fast
User Switching. Considering that Xfce is display manager independent,
and a quick overview of the documents online seems to show nothing the
desktop might care about - beyond the Fast User Switching Applet in
Gnome - then I don't see how Xfce couldn't be ConsoleKit "compatible".
Or more to the point, how it would be possible for us not to be.

Perhaps you can be more specific?

> Gerhard,

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room