Mousepad daemon mode with timer

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:06:45 CEST 2007

I've created a small patch that add a timed daemon mode to Mousepad.
This basicly means that when you close the last editor window, the
application will keep running on the background for 5 minutes. If a
new Mousepad instance is launched, it will invoke with the 'daemoned'
instance.
This speeds up the start of a new window _a_lot_, while it is not
running all the time. IMHO a --daemon mode like Thunar is not useful
for a text editor and since textviews/buffers are not very friendly
with memory, it's good the application restarts once in a while.

The daemon time (and whether this is enabled or not) will be
configurable, but I'd like to know if you guys think this is worth
adding.

Greets,
Nick