xdg-user-dirs?

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Tue May 8 22:57:12 CEST 2007

On 5/8/07, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I maintain the Xfce packages for Fedora. In the soon to be released F7,
> the gnome install is going to use the xdg-user-dirs implementation
> discussed in freedesktop.org:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2007-February/009343.html
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxdg_2duser_2ddirs
>
> Is there any support now in Xfce for this?
> Or is it planned for down the road?
>
> Didn't see anything in the docs or bugzilla off hand...
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> kevin

This would replace the current gtk bookmarks used in Thunar and all
gtk open/save dialogs, if I understood it right. The problem would
then probably be that if gtk then doesn't have support for it, we'll
get inconsistencies between the bookmarks in gtk open/save dialogs and
the bookmarks in Thunar. If we don't update both .gtk-bookmarks and
xdg-user-dirs at the same time, though.

Regards, Alexander Toresson