Mousepad Find like Firefox?

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:20:20 CEST 2007

Well I'm not going to code 2 search interfaces, but it will probably be the Firefox way, because most of the people seem to like this approach. Keep in mind that it will be a small/fast editor for basic tasks so 2 ways to search a word doesn't fit in this philosophy IMHO.

>From the newbies point of view: Most of them will use Firefox, so it won't be a big surprise when a search field pops up on the bottom of the window.

The 'more advanced' dialog is not a strong suggestion either, because Mousepad will have a limited amount of search options (case sensitive, maybe wrap around and whole word and that's it).

Anyway, we can continue this discussion, because I'll probably write the code for it tomorrow ;).

Nick