Mousepad Find like Firefox?

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Fri Mar 30 11:51:13 CEST 2007

Giuseppe Torelli wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
>
>> I like the idea, but perhaps adding both would be a good idea.
>> A search field is a nice accelerator, and a dialog is easier for the
>> unexperienced users.
>>

> I agree with Stephan. Why don't code both?

The IDE geany has both integrated, one could have a look there. The only
drawback with geany is that the firefox-like search field is currently
not accessible via a keyboard shortcut and must be focused with a mouse
click. I approached the author about this but didn't get a reply.
I personally think such a search field is a must for every text editor,
it speeds up work a lot, especially when editing large (e.g. Latex)
files. Maybe mousepad is not intended for that purpose, but even then it
would be a valuable addition IMHO.

Best,   Nick.