[Xfce4-commits] r25185 - in libfrap/trunk/libfrap/menu: . tests

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:22:29 CET 2007

> On 3/19/07, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:15:59 +0100, Stephan Arts wrote:
>> > A feature we might want to have is 'recent document support' which is
>> > available since gtk 2.10. However, since 2.10 is not regarded stable
>> > (even according to gtk.org so it seems), I think olivier is right on
>> > the dependency on 2.8. We do not want a release which has all sorts of
>> > bugs simply because it is impossible to run on stable libraries.
>>
>> I'm fine with GTK+ 2.8 even though I would prefer to got for 2.10.
>> Recent documents is something we can live without for another
>> (hopefully short) release cycle, IMHO.

I vote for 2.10, I know there were some unstable releases in 2.10, but they mostly
did a quick release if it was unusable. The latest version runs fine here and
IMHO 2.10 has too much to offer compared to 2.8 (printer, recent manager, improved
dnd, treeview stuff (important for thunar).

We use a lot of 2.10 power all over the place and a bunch of #indef's won't make our
live easier...

Nick