MCS design proposal

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 20 05:02:40 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:32:49 +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

> The MCS daemon should probably also listen to XSETTINGS events. I have
> no experiences with XSETTINGS, so I'm not exactly sure how this would
> work though.

No, I disagree here.  The MCS daemon should be able to proxy requests
for special XSETTINGS settings (like UI theme, icon theme, etc.), but
the XSETTINGS daemon should be a separate daemon.

Otherwise, your proposal is more or less exactly what I was thinking
of.  The data store needs a bit of fleshing out, though, and we might
want to add D-Bus API methods for some more complicated things
(transactions?  useful?), but this is a good start.

Now... start coding ^_^.

	-brian