xfdesktop menu is getting awesomer

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 19 17:30:44 CET 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:38:32 +0000 (UTC) Tuukka Mäkinen wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>> Jannis - a couple things...
>>
>> 1.  frap_menu_get_layout_items() currently returns a sorted list of
>> submenus and items if the .menu file doesn't have a <Layout>.  For
>> flexibility, do you think it could either return NULL in that case,
>> or maybe add extra API e.g. frap_menu_has_layout() so I can check if
>> there's a layout.  If not, my preference is to show submenus first
>> (sorted) and then items (sorted), not having them all together.
>> Adding the extra API will let implementors who care decide how they
>> want to handle the default layout.
>
>I suppose the standard suggested way to do this is to use
><DefaultLayout>? Just put the block below to your menufile.
>
><DefaultLayout>
>   <Merge type="menus"/>
>   <Merge type="files"/>
></DefaultLayout>

Ah, good point.  I hadn't thought of that.  And you're right, the spec
says exactly the above to be assumed as default when there's no default
layout.  So Jannis, I'd be ok with frap_menu_get_layout_items() still
returning stuff even when there's no layout (based on the implied
layout above), but having the _has_layout() that you added is still
nice.

	-brian