[Xfce4-commits] r25185 - in libfrap/trunk/libfrap/menu: . tests

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Mar 18 21:06:56 CET 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:47:22 +0100, Stephan Arts wrote:

> On 3/18/07, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 03:32:29 +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> >
> > > Hey all,
> >
> > (snip)
> >
> > > If you wonder how these changes look like:
> > > http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/screenshots/xfce/frap-menu-layout.png
> > >
> > > Brian, give me another 24 hours and we'll have our old menu
> > > structure back.
> >
> > I imported a not-yet-complete-but-enough-for-us-at-the-moment
> > solution into SVN now.
> >
> > > Now that the most important menu spec tests are passed and Brian
> > > already uses FrapMenu in xfdesktop, shouldn't we move FrapMenu
> > > out of libfrap and into Xfce trunk? Of course this raises the
> > > question about how we plan to reorganize our libraries for Xfce
> > > 4.6 again - I'd be glad if we could come to a conclusion here
> > > soon.
> >
> > No opinions?
>
> Well, if we can agree on which Gtk+ version will be the minimal
> requirement for 4.6 (2.10 has been mentioned more then once on this
> list) we can decide which stuff is deprecated regarding this and
> perhaps some (new) freedesktop.org standards.

GTK+ 2.10 should be safe. IMHO we should go for this version.

> About xfce-mcs-manager:
> Could it be replaced by a construction around D-Bus?

AFAIK, we already kind of agreed on making D-Bus a hard dependency
starting with Xfce 4.6. Some people have talked about an old mockup for
the MCS written by Benny, but the code hasn't been revealed since then.
As I have no real idea how this mockup looked like, I'll post some of
my ideas in another thread later.

Regards,
  Jannis