xfce4-terminal

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sat Mar 17 22:29:44 CET 2007

Hey all,

without intending to step on anyone's foot: can't we get rid of
xfce4-terminal? IMHO, it's simply redundant. While Benny's terminal is
complete and very mature xfce4-terminal hasn't been improved during the
last months (years?).

We came across this while discussing the latest SVN commit (r25183)
which adds xfce4-terminal.desktop to the list of toplevel desktop
entries to be displayed in our new menu. This might conflict with the
desktop file installed with xfce4-terminal (haven't checked this
yet though).

Any opinions are welcome.

Regards,
  Jannis